Join the Marvel family:
New York, NY
Marvel seeks an Intermediate Landscape Architectural Designer to join our team. The candidate will work closely with a Licensed Landscape Architect to research, plan, design and undertake construction administration of landscape projects. Designer shall possess strong technical skills, solid design sense and able to work with all aspects of a project, schematic through construction administration. This position requires a high level of design, supporting Senior Landscape Architect in client interface and direction of junior staff.
- Obtain project information from all relevant sources, analyze physical, survey and geographical data, digest and compose well-structured explanatory analysis and conclusions to the client and/or the public.
- Create and develop design schemes in terms of programming, layout, sectional, and spatial experiences as well as ecological services and performances, discuss designs with clients and continue to revise based on feedback and potential constraints.
- Draft technical drawings, select materials and products, provide detailed documentation and specifications of how elements of design are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled in relation to the existing site and future uses.
- Communicate and coordinate with other relevant disciplines such as civil engineers and electrical engineers, monitor and administer information exchange, confer with consultants on technical and operational details of the project, establish project schedules and work closely with the client and consultants in meeting targeted submission dates.
- Software use: Drafting tool: Autodesk CAD; Modeling tool: Rhinoceros; Rendering tool: Lumion / Vray / Enscape; Graphic representation tool: Adobe Illustrator / Adobe Photoshop / Adobe Indesign; Coordination & construction management tool: Bluebeam Revu / Microsoft office.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture
- 2+ years or any related architectural, landscape, or urban design occupation experience.
Salary Range: $62,000-$92,500 per year.
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter, CV, and portfolio of relevant projects to [email protected].
To apply, please email us with a letter of interest, resume, work samples (max 20 pages / 5 MB), salary requirements, and references (contact information only) as PDF attachments to [email protected], with the job title in the subject line (e.g. “Senior Architect”).
We look forward to hearing from you.